The primary secret to the recipe is using cold ingredients, which makes it so much easier! Because normally, I have to pull out the butter and eggs from the frig ahead of time to let it come to room temperature. I’ll have to make these more often!
The below recipe makes 5 to 10 cookies depending on if you’re making filled cookies or only chocolate chip cookies. The filled cookies require twice the amount of cookie dough. The fun part about these cookies is that they’re giant cookies!!
Ingredients (makes 5 to 10 cookies):
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 cups Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- Optional: for Nutella filling, need 1/2 cup of Nutella.